100% Organic Alphonso Mangoes (Hapus Aam)
1 Dozen / 12 mangoes in each box
100% Organic Premium Alphonso Mangoes in each box
- One Dozen Alphonso Mangoes (12 pcs)
- Each mango is between 100-375 grams in size depending on size ordered.
- After ripening mango's weight would decrease by 10 to 15%
Alphonso mangoes are a popular and high-quality variety of mangoes that are grown mainly in the western region of India. They are known for their distinct sweetness, juiciness, and aroma, and are often referred to as the "king of mangoes". Alphonso mangoes are prized for their rich flavor and are commonly used in a variety of dishes, from desserts to savory dishes. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, making them a healthy and delicious addition to any diet.
|With Impeccable aroma|
||Carbide & Chemical Free|
|GI Tag certified (ensuring that they are actually Alphonso Mangoes)|
Mangoes are grown 100% organically on our farm using ancient Vedic farming techniques. Untouched by chemicals or middlemen. Bursting with goodness, these export quality mangoes are carefully handpicked to prevent damage.
- We pack your mangoes in raw condition, to avoid damages in transit.
- Each box contains 1 dozen mangoes.Each fruit average weight is 150-300 gms. The weights are just for reference.
- There is no difference in the quality, taste, colour, etc of our Alphonso across the grades.
- Fruit weight is always measured at harvest. 15-20% weight loss may occur due to moisture loss while ripening.
- Tuck / place the Mangoes in between a bed of hay / rice straw grass supplied with the box.
- Keep the Mangoes in a non- air-conditioned environment.
- Mangoes will ripen gradually in about a week. As a best practice, always keep a watch on them.
- As they ripen / mature, Mangoes develop a full golden saffron hue colour, with sweetness and aroma over the next few days.
Alphonso mangoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Here are the nutritional facts per 100 grams of Alphonso mango:
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Vitamin C: 36.4 mg (61% of the daily value)
- Vitamin A: 375 IU (8% of the daily value)
- Potassium: 168 mg (4% of the daily value)
- Calcium: 10 mg (1% of the daily value)
Alphonso mangoes are also rich in antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids, which help to protect the body from oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. However, it is important to note that mangoes are high in natural sugars and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Names in different languages
Names in different languages
Botanical name: Mangifera indica
English: Alphonso mango
Hindi: Hapus or Aamras
Kannada: Aalphanso manga
Kashmiri: Kaser Aam
Marathi: Hapus or Aamras
Malayalam: Alphonso Maanga
Oriya: Am Hapus
Punjabi: Alphonso Aam
Sindhi: Alphonso Matorri
Tamil: Aalphonsa maampazham
Telugu: Alphonso mamidi pandu
Alphonso mangoes are not only delicious but also have several health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of Alphonso mangoes:
- Rich in antioxidants: Alphonso mangoes are rich in antioxidants such as polyphenols and carotenoids, which can protect against oxidative stress and chronic diseases. (1)
- May help with digestion: The fiber in Alphonso mangoes may help promote digestive health and prevent constipation. (2)
- May have anti-inflammatory effects: Alphonso mangoes contain bioactive compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body. (3)
- May help improve blood sugar control: Alphonso mangoes may help improve blood sugar control in people with type 2 diabetes. (4)
- May have anti-cancer properties: Some studies suggest that the polyphenols in Alphonso mangoes may have anti-cancer properties and could potentially be used as a natural cancer treatment. (5)
It's important to note that while these studies suggest potential health benefits of Alphonso mangoes, more research is needed to fully understand their health effects.
Alphonso mango puree recipe
Alphonso mango puree recipe
- 2-3 ripe alphonso mangoes
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Wash the mangoes and pat them dry.
- Cut the mangoes on both sides of the seed.
- Scoop out the pulp and place it in a blender or food processor.
- Add sugar (if desired) and blend until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the mangoes.
- Use the puree as a topping for ice cream, pancakes, or waffles, or as a base for smoothies, cocktails, or desserts.
Enjoy your delicious alphonso mango puree!
Q. What is an Alphonso mango?
Alphonso mango is a variety of mango that is known for its sweetness, juiciness, and rich flavor. It is grown mainly in the Western regions of India, and is considered to be one of the best mango varieties in the world.
Q. How are Alphonso mangoes different from other mango varieties?
Alphonso mangoes are known for their sweet, rich, and intense flavor. They have a smooth, creamy texture with minimal fiber and bright golden-yellow skin with a slight red blush on the shoulders when fully ripe. Compared to other mango varieties, Alphonso mangoes have a higher sugar content and a lower acid content, giving them a unique sweetness that is balanced with a slight tartness. They also have a unique aroma that is sweet and fragrant.
Q. How can you tell if an Alphonso mango is ripe and ready to eat?
The best way to tell if an Alphonso mango is ripe and ready to eat is to use your senses. Ripe mangoes will have a sweet aroma that is fragrant and strong. The skin of a ripe mango will be a bright golden-yellow color with a slight red blush on the shoulders. When you gently press the mango, it should give slightly but not be too soft. The flesh of a ripe mango should be soft, juicy, and sweet.
Q. When is Alphonso mango season?
Alphonso mango season usually starts in late March or early April and continues till June or July. However, the exact timing may vary depending on the region and climate.
Q. How to select ripe Alphonso mangoes?
Look for mangoes that are firm, plump, and heavy for their size. The skin should be smooth and unblemished, with no signs of wrinkling or soft spots. A ripe Alphonso mango should have a sweet aroma and give slightly when pressed gently.
Q. How to store Alphonso mangoes?
Store Alphonso mangoes at room temperature until they are fully ripe. To extend their shelf life, you can also freeze mango slices or puree them for later use.
Q. How to use Alphonso mangoes in cooking?
Alphonso mangoes are delicious on their own, but can also be used in a variety of sweet and savory dishes. They can be used to make smoothies, ice cream, sorbet, salsa, chutney, and many more. You can also use them to add sweetness and flavor to salads, curries, and other dishes.