Rose Petals (Desi Gulab Pankhuri)
Bansal Farms Organic Roses (Desi Gulab) are 100% organically cultivated on our farm using ancient vedic farming techniques to produce leaves that are full of nature's nutrients. We then dry them in natural sunlight without any artificial color and flavoring to bring out its distinct natural flavor and intense aroma. They are suitable for both sweet and savory preparations.
Organic rose petals of Desi Gulab, also known as Rosa damascena, are a popular ingredient in many beauty and wellness products. They are typically harvested from roses grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, ensuring a pure and natural product.
Desi Gulab is a type of rose that is native to the Middle East and has a strong, sweet aroma. Rose petals contain natural oils and antioxidants that may offer potential health benefits when used topically or ingested.
Water test: Place the rose petals in a glass of water. If they sink to the bottom and stay there, it is a sign of purity. If they float or disintegrate, it may indicate adulteration.
Here are some research-based health benefits of rose petals with links to studies:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Rose petals contain compounds with anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation and related conditions. A study found that rose extract reduced inflammation in rats. (1)
- Antioxidant properties: Rose petals are rich in antioxidants that help protect against oxidative stress and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases. A study found that rose extract exhibited antioxidant activity in rats. (2)
- Stress reduction: The aroma of rose petals has been shown to have a calming effect on the body and reduce stress levels. A study found that inhalation of rose oil reduced anxiety and stress in patients undergoing hemodialysis. (3)
- Skin health: Rose petals contain compounds that may promote skin health by reducing inflammation, promoting collagen production, and improving skin texture. A study found that rose extract improved skin hydration and elasticity in healthy adults. (4)
- Digestive health: Rose petals have been traditionally used to treat digestive issues, and studies have found that rose extract may have beneficial effects on gut health by reducing inflammation and promoting healthy gut bacteria. (5)
Names in Different Languages
Names in Different Languages
Botanical Name: Rosa
English: Rose Petals
Hindi: गुलाब के पत्ते (Gulab ke patte)
Bengali: গোলাপ পেতল (Golap petal)
Tamil: ரோஸ் பெட்டிகள் (Rose petals)
Telugu: రోజు పెటల్స్ (Rose petals)
Kannada: ರೋಸ್ ಪೆಟಲ್ಸ್ (Rose petals)
Malayalam: റോസ് പെടലുകൾ (Rose petals)
Marathi: गुलाबाच्या पानांचे तांदुळ (Gulabache panache tandul)
Gujarati: ગુલાબ પાંદડાં (Gulab panddan)
Punjabi: ਗੁਲਾਬ ਦੇ ਪੱਤੇ (Gulab de patte)
Urdu: گلاب کے پتے (Gulab ke patte)
Best Ways to Use
Best Ways to Use
Here are some ways to use rose petals:
- Culinary uses: Rose petals can be used to add a floral and slightly sweet flavor to various dishes. They can be used to make rose petal jam, rose syrup, and can be added to salads, desserts, and teas.
- Aromatherapy: Rose petals have a soothing aroma that can help calm the mind and reduce stress. They can be used in aromatherapy diffusers, potpourri, and scented candles.
- Skincare: Rose petals contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that can help soothe and hydrate the skin. They can be used to make facial toners, face masks, and bath salts.
- Tea: Rose petals can be used to make a fragrant and flavorful tea that has many potential health benefits. Simply steep a handful of rose petals in hot water for a few minutes and add honey or lemon for flavor.
- Potpourri: Dried rose petals can be used to make potpourri that can be placed in bowls or sachets to add a lovely scent to a room.
When using rose petals, it's important to make sure they are free of pesticides and other chemicals. Organic rose petals are a good option for those who want to use them for culinary and skincare purposes.
Rose Petals Recipes
Rose Petals Recipes
- Rose Petal Jam: To make rose petal jam, you will need 2 cups of fresh rose petals, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of water. Boil the water and sugar together until the sugar dissolves, then add the rose petals and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture thickens. Let the mixture cool and store it in a jar. You can use it as a spread for toast or as a topping for desserts.
- Rose Petal Tea: To make rose petal tea, steep a handful of fresh or dried rose petals in hot water for 5-10 minutes. You can add honey or lemon for flavor. Rose petal tea has a delicate, floral flavor and is believed to have several health benefits.
- Rose Petal Bath Salts: To make rose petal bath salts, mix together 1 cup of Epsom salts, 1/2 cup of dried rose petals, and a few drops of rose essential oil. Store the mixture in an airtight container and add a few spoonfuls to your bathwater for a relaxing and fragrant soak.
- Rose Petal Ice Cream: To make rose petal ice cream, you will need 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of fresh rose petals, and 5 egg yolks. Heat the cream, milk, sugar, and rose petals in a saucepan until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and let the mixture steep for 30 minutes. Strain out the rose petals, whisk in the egg yolks, and cook the mixture over low heat until it thickens. Let the mixture cool and freeze it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Q. Are rose petals edible?
Yes, rose petals are edible and can be used in cooking and baking. However, it's important to make sure they are pesticide-free and safe to eat.
Q. What are the health benefits of rose petals?
Rose petals contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may have several potential health benefits, such as improving skin health, reducing stress, and promoting digestive health.
Q. Can rose petals be used in skincare?
Yes, rose petals can be used in skincare to hydrate and soothe the skin. They can be used to make facial toners, face masks, and bath salts.
Q. What is the best way to store rose petals?
To store fresh rose petals, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Dried rose petals can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to six months.
Q. What are the health benefits of rose petals tea?
Rose petal tea is a fragrant and delicious beverage that may offer several potential health benefits. Some of the benefits of drinking rose petal tea include its anti-inflammatory properties, ability to reduce stress and anxiety, promotion of digestive health, potential to improve skin health, and support of the immune system due to its vitamin C content. Rose petal tea is a simple and enjoyable way to incorporate this beautiful flower into your daily routine and potentially reap its health benefits.